Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Trying to make the best of potty training

We are still going with this potty thing. Yesterday things got put on hold in the afternoon. Our neighbors from Columbia have a dog that looks just like Toby, a Westie. Well, he was out yesterday in the front and he got hit by the garage truck. It was terrible. She was so upset. They spent the afternoon with us because she didn't want to be alone. She has a daughter that was two in April. It was a good thing for the kids to play and let the mom gather her thoughts. It makes me realize that we are lucky when little things like that happen. We took Toby for a walk last night and played with him more than we usually do. 
So back to the potty training thing...Sam is doing pretty good I think. He was made it to the bathroom three times today so far. But we have also had several accidents. This potty training thing is my least favorite thing to do as a mom! But we are still trying! I have to say that he looks pretty cute in his big boy underwear and it makes me a little sad because this is just another step to show that he is growing up. 
Sam wanted to color this morning and so Micah had his first coloring experience. He did really well. He seemed to stay on the paper and not eat the crayons, so I think that is pretty good at 14 months. 


I am sure that Sam is going to hate me for this picture later, but I just couldn't resist. 

I think this potty training thing is really exhausting to a two year old. I love it when they fall asleep like this. 

We will keep you posted, right now going to sit on the potty every 30 minutes to an hour to so boring, but the look on his face when he actually goes in the potty is worth it. 


4 comments:

Mauri said...

Chris is from Kerrville too! Maybe he and your hubby know each other! Did your hubby go to the kerrville c of c? Small world! And good luck potty training! Yikes!

SheridanLeftwich said...

I am so glad the potty training thing is working this go around. Keep it up I promise it will get better soon if your consistant. Please feel free to ask me any questions. I have three little boys (and a girl) and feel like we have done it all. Us stay home moms need to work together. Blessings! Sheridan

Mauri said...

That is too funny! When I told Chris last night he said just about the same thing as Wes. Small world. We don't usually stick around for church either. We'll either come back Saturday to be at our church Sunday, or sometimes leave Sunday morning so that Monday isn't such a hard day! But I will let you know the next time we go... We certainly wish we had time to get down there more than we do! But you know how it goes!

Macy said...

Hey...the reunion was pretty simple. We did snacks and drinks at one of my classmates house Friday night for those in town. Dinner at a nice restaraunt on Sat night where we watched our video yearbook and did awards (most changed, lives furthest etc.). Sunday we had a worship time and our favorite bible teacher from high school spoke. Then we were scheduled to go to the zoo,but I don't think anyone made it...probably would have worked better on Sat. It was very laid back and fun. Hope that helps.