Wednesday, July 09, 2008

New Orleans Trip

At the end of May we took the boys to New Orleans for the first time. We had so much fun! BeBop, Pop Pop, Aunt Audrey and Uncle Taylor went with us. We went for a wedding of one of our friends from high school. It was great to see everyone. My family always gets together at the end of May to remember Austin. I miss him a lot. It is hard to believe that it has been three years since we lost him. Sam reminds us of him so much, it is really cool. I hope that Sam follows in the steps of his Uncle Austin. 
We had a great time with my family. Here are some pictures of the trip. 


Here is Sam and Wes taking a little nap in Jackson square. 

Here is BeBop, Pop Pop, Uncle Taylor, and Aunt Audrey enjoy lunch at Acme. 
And the Fikes Fam at the other end of the table
This is Sam and his daddy making their excited face. When you are only 2 and 1/2 making different faces is an exciting part of your day, at least it is for Sam. 
We took the boys to the aquarium. If you have not been to this aquarium it is really awesome! Here is Sam with his BeBop. Sam loves his BeBop!!!
I am going to try and post pictures from our trip to Padre with Wes' family later. We will see if my boys will let me do that today. You know how it goes. 

2 comments:

Joni said...

I love the sweet faces that kids make! It is so good to see a pic of Audrey and know that she is still around, being that I NEVER talk to her, and you can tell her I said that:)

Amy B. said...

that is such a cute picture of Wes & Sam making faces!