Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Happy Birthday Wes!!!! We love so much! Thank you for being a wonderful husband and a great Daddy! Our lives are so much better because of you! Happy Happy Birthday (a couple of days late). 
We started the day at 5:30am because Micah thought that was a good time to get up. Because it
was Wes' birthday, I thought I should be the one to get up with him. After Sam and Wes got up and we were all eating breakfast, Sam had to go to the bathroom so Wes took him and I got up to do something, when I turned around this is what I saw. Sweet Micah James was asleep in his highchair. I just thought it was so cute! 

The boys and I surprised Wes with a cake and balloons at church. He was working with his youth group and with the group from New Mexico trying to clean up around their middle school building. He had no idea we were coming and was pretty excited. 


After we left the church, I rushed home to bake a cake and decorate the house for his real party. My parents came over and a few friends. But I had this problem with my cake. I don't know what I did wrong.  
But I did find these really cool pens that you write on the cake with. They are awesome! 


So that I thought that was the end of my problems with the cake, but when Sam woke up from his nap and wanted to put sprinkles on Daddy's cake...it had fallen apart. As you can see in the picture. The cake tasted great...just didn't look so pretty. Why do things like this happen at the exact moment that you want everything to be perfect?

We love you Daddy and we hope you had a great birthday!!! 


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww -- sorry we missed Wes's birthday. Curt didn't tell me about it (he's bad about that kind of stuff!!). Tell him "Happy (very) Belated Birthday" for me!

Amy B. said...

Happy birthday Wes!

That cake looked delicious even if it was falling apart..must mean it was really moist! =)

Angie Campbell said...

Happy Belated birthday Wes! Hope you had a great one! I feel your pain with the cake! I am a cake decorater, and it took me a long time to learn some hints. Here is a hint.... When you bake the cake- let it cool for a full one hour. Then put it in the refrigerator for another hour before you ice it. I don't always remember to do this and am always very sad when I forget. I am sure it tasted wonderful!!!!