Saturday, August 02, 2008

I hate bugs!!!

 Aunt Audrey and Uncle Taylor were nice enough to let Wes and I go on a semi date with the youth team from church. We went to Kemah and had a pretty good time, it was just hot! We rode the ferris wheel and I felt like I was in high school again, so we made out at the top of the ferris wheel. I love that my husband is so romantic! Audrey and Taylor had a great time with the boys. I am pretty sure they spoiled them the whole time. Audrey said they went to get ice cream after dinner and Sam wanted orange ice cream. Orange ice cream in a bag. When he couldn't have that he wanted blue ice cream like his shoes. He settled for pink ice cream with chocolate sprinkles. I think Micah ate from everyone's bowl. We got home around 10:30 and Sam was asleep on the couch with Aunt Audrey. There was popcorn on the table and his car movie was playing. I think the boys had a good time too. But while my sweet Micah was with Aunt Audrey he got bit by a mosquito. She said that it was right by his eye and was a little red, but no big deal. When he woke up this morning this is what we saw. 
I gave his some Benadryl and after his nap it looked worse. So we went to the doctor and he had to get a shot and now has this terrible antibiotic that he has to take 3 times a day. Fantastic! The doctor said it was so bad that I needed to have them put grape flavor in it and then give him grape juice right after because the medicine is so bitter. It is to make sure he doesn't get a staff infection in his eye. We have not tried it yet, but I can hardly wait. I hate bugs!!!


4 comments:

allyo said...

Tricia-
I just found your blog by mistake and I am so glad that I did. Your boys are so stinkin' cute! Glad I was able to "catch up."

da momma said...

oh my goodness! It makes me SO mad when mosquitos bite my babies! Glad to knwo another mom shares my disgust! I have a similar pic that it wont let me attach from my son when he was 18 months... the mosq bit his eyelid and it was swollen shut the next morn..ugh they make me so mad....I found your blog thru AFC friends... Wes & I knew eachother in the AFC..yalls boys are adorable! ~whitney

Shelli said...

POOR MICAH!!!!!!!!! BLESS HIS LITTLE HEART!

Did you get a slap on the wrist from Fowler? Ha! Just kidding, I think that's just me. :)

SheridanLeftwich said...

Poor Baby! That's awful. Is he just allergic to mosquitos? Sounds like your date was fun. Making out with my husband at the top of the farris wheel sounds glorious.