Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Playdates

We love to have playdates at our house. It just puts mommy in a better mood and the boys, of course, love to play with their friends. Yesterday we went to the Houston Children's Museum with Megan. It had been a while since I had seen Megan, and even though we read each others blogs I think we were really looking forward to checking up. Well, that didn't really happen. Between chasing our children and trying to keep them away from the other thousands of kids that were there, our visiting didn't happen. And I forgot the camera so I don't have any cute pictures of the boys together. Megan has a son that is 3 and Sam is going to be 3 in December so we are excited to get together again and maybe the boys will also get to know each other. (Annalee is excited to join us too) 
After this post you will notice that we love the Children's Museum because we went back again today. Yesterday we did the big kid things at the museum and today we went to the toddler room. It is called the Tot Spot and we went with our neighbors. We have been so blessed to have wonderful neighbors. Sarah and Marin Grace came with us, along with Alison and Sy. This toddler room they have is awesome! They have an area for infants, padded everything for those just starting to walk, and then a car that you can drive and change the tires. No shoes are allowed and parents have to wear booties to cover their feet so it is very clean. It is perfect for my boys. We had a great time with Marin and Sy. (Brought the camera, but forgot batteries)
Tomorrow we plan on having a playdate with Rachel and Ellie. Ellie is Micah's girlfriend, who is learning to be around the Fikes boys. The boys are just a little bit more rough that Sweet Ellie, but we can't wait for another playdate. 

Some random things: If you have never read a Nicholas Sparks book, you need to! He is great! I just finished two of his book within two weeks. Dear John is great and I know he has a new one out that I have not read yet, but I can't wait to get. So if you like love stories, you need to read one of his books. 
Also check out the Crockpot Lady. She uses her crock pot everyday for the year 2008. It is pretty crazy, but she has some great recipes. I don't know about you, but I love cooking with my crock pot because I don't have to think about supper when I am tired and it is the end of the day. Today I fixed the Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe. We will see. It smells great! I left the house this morning at 8:30 and dinner was done. I just have to make rice and boil the corn on the cob. Check out her blog! 

3 comments:

SheridanLeftwich said...

I love the crock pot lady!...and the brown sugar chicken sounds divine....so I guess that's what I'll make for dinner tomorrow. I am thinking it will be good with Jasmine rice. I fell in love with it while we were in Thailand. So you must tell how it turns out. ENJOY! :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad we got together yesterday and I can't wait to go back again! That recipe sounds really yummy. You are super mom today!

annalee said...

ooh, i am so excited for children's museum and crockpot dinners! thanks for sharing.