Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I need to brag a little

I have to brag on my husband just a little. He is one of the most amazing men and I do not deserve him. I left my camera cord in Kerrville so I can't post a picture of the beautiful star lilies he brought me for no reason. He brings me flowers all the time. My neighbor even made a comment about it one time because she was so impressed how often I get flowers. It is not something that I just get used to, it brightens my day everytime he brings them home. He says he gets them because he wants me know how much he loves me and appreciates me. 
When we got married he made a deal that I would never do dishes and he would never do laundry. It is a fantastic deal because he still does it. It was not one of those things he did just because we were newlyweds and then quit once things got comfortable. He still does the dishes everyday! 
He is an incredible poet and usually makes me cry with every poem that he writes. 
Not to mention that he is a wonderful father. The moment he comes in the door the boys go running to him and they all fall to the floor. He spends 30 minutes wrestling with them and kissing them until they can't take anymore. He always wants to be the one to feed them and give them baths if he is home. I used to think it was to give me a break, but I am pretty sure he just wants to be with his boys. Micah calls everyone Daddy and is attached to Wes when he is home. On his days off he would rather be with us than have time alone, I have to make him take a day for himself. His love for the boys is unbelievable and it shows in how much they love him. 
But most importantly he puts up with me and all the negative that comes with me. He is always undertanding and supportive, even when it is something stupid that has me upset. He wants to do whatever he can to make life easier for me. He is the spiritual leader of our home and I know he prays for us all the time. It is so neat to watch God work through Wes. Not just at our home, or in his job. But all the time God seems to work through him no matter who is around. 
God has blessed me more than I could ever imagine. I do not deserve this amazing man that I get to call my husband. Wes, I love you very much!! 

Wes has told the church that he will be stepping down as the middle school minister at Impact. He has a strong possibility as far as another job goes, but we don't know for sure. I know that this time right now is hard for him. He has always worked with inner city kids and he is moving towards doing something outside of the church. One of the things he is looking at would mean that we could be moving to another town. Please pray for us and especially Wes as we transition through this time. I know that God has big plans for us, we just aren't sure what they are just yet. 


4 comments:

Amy B. said...

We will definitely be praying for you both. I know God will use your family where ever you decide to go and whatever you decide to do. You guys are awesome!
I'll be hoping that the move will bring you closer to us
...selfishly. ;o)

Rachel said...

So far, I've only fixed the Coq au Vin recipe, a Peppercorn Steak Recipe, and version of her Turkey Breast Recipe. The Coq au Vin and the Turkey Breast were amazing!

Bethany said...

Tricia,
We'll definitely keep your family in our prayers as you look towards what plans God has for your family. I'm sorry we didn't get to see y'all this weekend. We left Caden for the first time and decided to come home from Houston a day early to be with our boy. Braden was sure missing him! Braden will have to call Wes and catch up soon.

Rachel said...

Oh - - and by the way, I tagged you for a MEME. It's nothing too exciting; just a silly blogging thing. Check out my blog for the details.