Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Still On Duty

My precious wife is still sick.  Here come more "I'm Dad, so crap happens when I'm in charge" stories.  They're not great, but I hope you laugh out loud.

1) This morning, Sam told me he had to go potty, so I told him to go ahead.  I was in the middle of something and would check on him, shortly.  Then, I heard Sam calling me and saying something about Micah.  I go in and,
Sam:  (While laughing) "Micah's playing in the water."
Dad:  "What water?"
Sam:  "The potty!"
Dad:  "WHAT!?  Just now?"
Sam:  (Still laughing) "Yes."

I look at Micah and my youngest son has water on both arms from fingers to shoulders.  When I looked in the toilet, I saw green water.  Tricia put blue discs in the tanks for sanitation and to encourage Sam to pee.  His yellow pee turned the blue water green.  

There were also several pieces of dirty toilet paper that had not flushed down from Dad using the toilet earlier.

So, Micah has piss and crap on his arms.  I took him into the kitchen to clean him up with bleach wipes and noticed the water on his face, also.  Yeah, his face.  

2) Sam and I went on a bike ride while Micah took his morning nap.  When we got back, we started watching 'Larry Boy and the Rumor Weed.'  Sam fell asleep on the couch, again.















3) I had to go to the office and get some stuff done.  I packed up the boys after Sam woke up and down to the building we went.  They played basic brother games and fought at the office.  They are into pushing each other down - it's good stuff.  On the way home, Micah fell asleep.  We stopped to pick up pizza.  I left the boys sitting in the truck at Papa Johns (Yeah, so?) and told Sam he had to protect Micah.  When I came back out, Micah was awake,
Sam:  (Again, laughing) "Micah's awake!"
Dad:  "What?"
Sam:  "Micah's awake!"
Dad:  "Did you wake him up?"
Sam:  "No."
Dad:  "Tell me the truth.  Did you wake up Micah?"
Sam:  (With a smile) "Yes."

Thanks, buddy.  That's not protecting him.   But, what are you gonna do?  He's 2.

4) Pizza for supper.  I'm tired.















If you could see this better, you'd see pizza in his hair, also.  He gets a wash rag and pajamas.  No bath tonight.  My --- is tired.

Tricia's Sex Machine (once she gets better)

7 comments:

Tricia said...

So Wes is starting to like this whole blogging thing, and apparently he thinks he is quite funny. Sorry girls!

Rachel said...

WOW -- just a few hours of blogging and you've already given yourself a new title. Interesting. I won't say any more beyond that. . . not to you, anyway!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Tricia I hope that you feel better soon...flu is no good but it looks like Wes is taking good care of the kids... enjoy your rest.

Rachel said...

Lol -- got your comment. I'll definitely make sure Wes never knows that Curt may (or may NOT) be reading. Sorry he felt the need to show off. ;)

Amy B. said...

LOL - I think it's hilarious and a testiment to how wonderful a mommy is(no offense Wes). =o)

SheridanLeftwich said...

Sweet Tricia I hope you are feeling better soon. Being sick is so terrible. I am impressed that Wes even took over blog duty.

J Katy Garner said...

poor tricia..... we pray you are better SOOOONNN!!! : )
Impressive that the blog lives on, James would not so much be keeping up with that!