Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike is coming...

Well, the hurricane is headed for Galveston. We are at least 60 miles inland, so I am not too worried. I was suppose to have my first bible study this morning. They started last week and I was not able to be there, so I was really excited about today. I got up at 6am to get in the shower before the boys got up. We were all ready and loaded in the car when I heard they were starting to evacuate 10 zip codes in the Houston area. Last time this happened, the traffic was awful! So, I just turned around and came home. 
We went to Wal-Mart last night to make sure that we had everything we would need. Everyone else decided to go to Wal-Mart last night too. There is no bread, ice, and char-coal left at our Wal-Mart. We went early so I am sure they are out of lots more by now. The lines for gas were super long. I guess you could say that Houston is starting to freak out. 
My sweet husband thought it was a good idea to go check out the damage from Hurricane Gustav in Morgan City this morning. He left at 3 am to drive to Louisiana. He took lots of supplies for them and wanted to check out the damage. Well, now that Houston is starting to evacuate he is going to have a problem. I am pretty sure he is going to be stuck in some really bad traffic. So please pray that he gets home safe. 
We are not planning on going anywhere, so we are going to have to come up with fun things to do inside. We might have to pull out the jumper again! 
Please pray for all those that are going to be affected by this hurricane. 



2 comments:

Stacy said...

Will be praying for you guys and for Wes to make it back safe. I remember the evacuation frenzy and don't miss it. Thanks for your prayers and comments on our blog. I'm finally back from a two and a half month vacation from the internet. Sam and Micah are adorable! We miss yall!

Unknown said...

Hey Tricia. Thanks so much for the phone call and the offer to stop along the way. We made it up here (it took about 7 hours when it usually takes us 5.) Now we just wait. Good luck entertaining the boys!