Monday, September 01, 2008

Oh, When I'm in Charge

Where do I begin?  My poor wife is down with the flu - it's bad.  She hasn't gotten out of bed all day unless to throw up or go to the bathroom. 

So, I have the boys to myself.

I'll let you in on the highlights.

Events so far:
1) Sam aggravated Emmett (Tricia's parent's dog) and he nipped Sam next to the eye.  Couple of scratches, but Sam should know better, now.















2) Sam put himself down for his nap.  I came in to the living room after changing Micah's diaper and found him asleep on the couch, under a blanket, gripping tight his sock monkey.
















3) Sam went to the bathroom, and Micah followed.  I was working on something in the living room.  How much trouble can a 2 and 1 year-old get into by themselves in the bathroom?  I heard Micah hit something and then start crying.  When I got in there, Sam was washing his hands in the sink and water was all over the floor.  I asked Sam how water got on the floor and he sweetly told me he and Micah had splashed around in the toilet.  It's only 2:15 in the afternoon.

(no picture, sorry)
  
I can only take so much being inside and then cabin-fever hits and I gotta get out.

We are about to head to the store to get a few things to help Tricia feel better - Sprite, etc.  How much damage could  we do there, really?  


Wesley

8 comments:

SheridanLeftwich said...

I hope you feel better Tricia! That sounds terrible. I am so sorry!
I love to hear daddy stories. It cracks me up. It is good for dads to have a little taste of what all we do while they're at work.

Angie Campbell said...

Poor Tricia. I am sorry to hear that you got sick as well! Guess you couldn't avoid it when the boys have been sick.

Good job today Wes!

Amy B. said...

Wes, I have to admit that I laughed (at your expense) when I read your stories. Sorry. =0)

Tricia, I hope you feel better SOON!!

amy b.

Beck Boys said...

fun times. I love the days in dad is in charge!! You are doing a great job - keep it up!

Shelli said...

Way to go Wes!!! Keep up the good work. I love daddy stories! They are always the most entertaining. :)

Get well Tricia!!!!

Tricia said...

You are the best husband ever!!! Thank you for taking excellent care of me! I love you!!!

Rachel said...

Lol -- looks like Curtis will finally have something to read tonight!

Rachel said...

By the way, Tricia is a much more pleasant wife than I am . .. I would KILL Curt if he announced to the whole world that I hadn't gotten up except to throw up or go to the bathroom!