Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Mom of boys

I really struggle sometimes, being the mom of boys. I obviously don't think like a boy, therefore I feel like I have to be a little creative at times. Today was an easy one. We went to Target this morning and of course, had to check out the dollar section. I LOVE the dollar section at Target!!!
I made several good purchases today, one being water balloons. Sam was so excited when I told him my plan of getting daddy with the balloons. The idea quickly became his idea when he began telling me what to do. But the bottom line...only we got to throw the balloons, NOT daddy!

Here are the boys waiting for Daddy to come outside


And as soon as he stepped out the door, Sam was ready!


Wes was a great sport, but did break the rules...
he could not resist throwing them back if they didn't pop.


The boys loved every minute!



Wes decided he could protect himself a little more
if he got closer to the boys. Not sure it helped much!


Cleaning up all the balloon pieces is the worst part.
But it was worth it!


Amazing how much fun you can have and only spend a buck!

1 comment:

Randi Freeby said...

Thanks for the idea. This looks like a lot of fun.