Thursday, March 12, 2009

Heavy Heart

I have started this post several times, that is why I am so late in posting this because I just can't seem to find the right words. One of Wes' friends from college passed away last week. I never meet him or his wife, but I just feel like I have known them for years. Brad was diagnosed with cancer two years ago. At the end of his life he was really suffering. He left behind two small children, and a wonderful wife Jenny. I had the honor of meeting Jenny last week at the funeral and she is amazing! It was a strange feeling to cry so much for someone that I had never met, but I cried almost everyday last week. I am posting about this because I know that many of your are prayer warriors and Jenny needs your prayers. Here is her blog: Faith, Family, & Friendships 
Please take the time to read her blog and say a special prayer for her. I am making a comment to pray for her everyday for a year and I wish you would join me in doing this for her. When I stop and think and losing Wes...and being alone with the boys...I can't even imagine! My heart just hurts for her. I can't find the words to describe my feelings right now, but I know that we need to pull together to support Jenny. Thank you so much! 

I also have another friend that needs our prayers. I went to college with Randi and she has the most precious mom you will ever meet. Her name is Sharon and she has just been diagnosed with caner. I am having such a hard understanding why allows this to happen to great people, but I know that he has plans much greater than my understanding. Here is Randi's blog: Randi's Reality and here is Sharon's blog: Sweets' Surrender. If you have time to also post an encouraging note on their blog or just say a prayer for them today...that would be great! 

I thank God for you today! 

6 comments:

Amy B. said...

I'm right there with ya. Jenny is amazing! We are praying for her daily.

annalee said...

evan works with a guy that is friends of their family too. i can't stop thinking about them and praying for comfort at this heavy hearted time. wow.

Corrie said...

What a wonderful idea -- to pray daily for one year for Brad's family. I'll commit to it too.

LisaN said...

We are praying for Jenny and her kids, too. I barely knew Jenny and Brad in AFC, and my husband has never met them, but we are hurting for them, too. Like you said, it is hard to imagine being in her shoes... it hurts to try. We continue to pray for the Lord to comfort her and the kids like only He can.
Blessings,
Lisa

Randi Freeby said...

You are so precious. I want to pray for them too. Thank you for what you said about Mom. I cherish our friendship and thank God for you, my prayer warrior.

heatherw said...

I can't imagine my life without Jonathan! My prayers are with Jenny and her family