Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bad Day

Well, yesterday was a really bad day for me and my family. We found out that my grandfather passed away. He was my dad's dad and had just had open heart surgery at the end of January. I thought he was getting better and doing well. My dad got the call yesterday morning that he should go to Dallas because his kidneys and liver was failing. Dad didn't even make it to Dallas in time. It is kind of a hard situation because we have not been on the best of terms with PawPaw for a while. He was a stubborn old man and had done a lot of things to hurt us lately. He was not a christian even though my grandmother is one of the strongest christians you will meet. I think he didn't want to admit he had been wrong for all these years, so he died not having Christ in his life. 
I cried all day yesterday because I have never had a family member die knowing that they were not going to heaven. It is really bothering me. And then I never called him after his surgery. I didn't go see him. I have been mad at him because he couldn't apologize for hurting us. 
Death is such a hard thing! It is hard to understand! My grandmother seems to be doing okay. Dad is there with her and he seems to okay too. But I am just not okay. 
We leave tomorrow to go to Dallas/Ft.Worth. Please pray for us! Also pray for the relationship with my dad's family. It has been a while since we have seen them and I would love for things to just start over. I know that God can heal our family. Please pray that he does.  
Photobucket

9 comments:

J Katy Garner said...

Trisha, I'm so so sorry. I will be praying for you guys today, for safety, strength, and peace in the days you have ahead.

Corrie said...

I'm so sorry. I'll certainly pray for you and your family.

Macy said...

Trisha, I am so sorry. I will be praying for your heart and for your family.

SheridanLeftwich said...

Trisha, I am so sorry. I know death is so hard. I'll be praying for you and your family. Be safe traveling.

annalee said...

just said a prayer for you and family. so sorry to hear the news.

Angie Campbell said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I will definitely be praying for you, for your family. I can't find the words to comfort you at this time, so I am just letting you know that I am praying for you.

Randi Freeby said...

Sweet Tricia, you are being lifted up right now in prayer. Your whole family is so precious to me and I will be praying for each one of you. You know where I am if you need anything at all. I love you sweet friend.

Joni said...

Hey girl. I am so sorry!! You have been on my mind and in my prayers since I got your text! I love you and will call soon!

da momma said...

ah thats so sad! Im sorry your family is going through this! I will remember yall in my prayers,whit