Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

It was our year to be with Wes' family for Thanksgiving this year.
Wes couldn't get off work, so Gigi and Sir came to our house.
We were very excited to have them at our house. It was my first year to host,
I was a little nervous about doing everything and having it all ready at the same time.
I tried to act like I had it all under control...

This is how Micah came home from school on his last day. So cute!
(he wasn't in the mood to have his picture taken)

And here is Sam when he got home.
His feathers list the things he is thankful for:
my house, my mom and dad, my pet, God
And his Indian name is: Runs-like-the-Cheetah

Gwynne and I tried to split up some of the food so I wasn't making everything.
She was in charge of the dressing. Here are the boys helping her make the cornbread.



Such good helpers. They loved that Gigi needed their help.

Making a few thanksgiving crafts and listing what we are thankful for.
We had ham and turkey because my father-in law LOVES ham!
I think he ate most of it before we even made it to the table.
Here is my turkey. There is a turkey under there. Really!
It was my first time cooking a turkey and I was really nervous.
I got a recipe from a friend and he even helped me cut it apart the day before.
It turned out to have a little too much herb taste, but good.
Everything turned out to be super yummy!!!

Thank you for coming to spend Thanksgiving with us, Gigi and Sir!!
We loved having you and we are very thankful for you!!!


So much to be thankful for, God is good!! I am so blessed!!

No comments: