Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's Day at School

The boys celebrated Valentine's Day at school today. They were so excited! They both have a girlfriend in their class so yesterday they wanted to make valentines. They each wrote little notes or had mommy write notes in their cards and then they decorated the front with hearts. In the dollar bin at Target we found some flowers that they gave them today too. They were both grinning so big and walking tall as we got to school today. I think this is just the beginning!

But for all the kids in their classes, we melted crayons to make heart shaped crayons.
It was so much easier than I thought it was going to be. All you need is a pan that is heart shaped and some old crayons. The part that took the longest was peeling all the paper off the crayons.

I mixed a few of the colors just to make the heart prettier. But you could use all the same color.
I put them in the oven at 300 for about 10 minutes.
Then let me cool completely...I stuck them in the freezer after about 10 minutes so they would completely cool.

And then they pop right out!! Aren't they cute???

Here is one of my little helpers, Micah James!


Then I just packaged them in small bags and added a cute tag from the
Anders Ruff Valentine's day package...and done!


For the teachers gifts, I found these super cute cups at Hobby Lobby...
filled them with kisses and added a bow/tag. Super easy and cute!
On the other side of the tag I wrote "Thank you for loving our Micah"


My sweet boys loving on each other!!!

These are their valentine shirts I got several months ago...
my little heart breakers! Lets hope we don't really break any hearts!


Oh, and it was 24 degrees outside when I took the boys to school. So we bundled up!

Hope they had a great day of parties at school!!!

No comments: