Saturday, February 12, 2011

Two Wheels!!!

Our Sam is riding his bike with two wheels!!!
A couple of weeks ago Wes spent an hour working with Sam on riding his bike without training wheels. He did great and was getting close, but Wes would still run next to him and help him turn. Today was the second time he has tried to ride without the training wheels and it only took about 10 minutes of Wes running next to him and he was doing it on his own! He was so proud of himself! He was giggling with delight! As he was riding he said, "Hey Dad, I need to be on the news now that I can ride without my training wheels, just like you!" So cute!!!
I wish that I could hook up our video camera to the computer so you could see him in action, but we have an older camera...he did great!
It was also so much fun to watch Wes with Sam. He was just as excited as Sam when he was doing it alone. It is one of those things I think Wes has dreamed about...teaching his son to ride his bike and today he had a wonderful 'Dad Moment'. Wes was so good with Sam. He encouraged him the whole time and ran along side him making sure he was ready to be alone. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful father for my boys!







He was going really fast towards the end...making mommy a little nervous! I am so very very proud of him! He can't touch the ground when sitting on the seat, so stopping and starting is going to take some practice. He can stop on his own, but would rather us catch him. And he can't start without us holding the bike for him. But he will get there.
Sam we are very proud of you!!!

No comments: