Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Our Newest Adventure

So...my sweet Sam broke both bones in his arm. The pictures are terrible...I know!
It is still hard for me to look at the pictures. When I think of Sam, things like this are not suppose to happen to him!


How did it happen???
We were at a park with the young families from Bammel, this new church we are visiting, and Sam was on the monkey bars. I had helped him go across the first time, and he wanted to try it on his own. Not sure what came over me...but I let him. Of course he fell right on his arm. I thought maybe he had just fallen too hard and that is why he was crying...until I saw his arm. So I started yelling for Wes through this crowd of like 30 other people, very embarrassing! Wes scoops him up and goes running to the car. I follow behind with Micah and off we go.
Mom and Dad meet us there to get Micah so we can focus on Sam. Sam did great! He is so tough and brave, I couldn't believe it. He didn't cry very much at all.
He didn't like getting the IV, but after that he was a trooper!
Mommy, on the other hand, was having a hard time! I felt terrible for not stopping him when he wanted to do it on his own...and I felt like it was my fault. I started crying when they said he will probably need surgery because it was such a bad break. And I couldn't watch at all when they had to set his arm back in place. But we left with a great ER experience and will probably be back there in the future...welcome to boys!

But we are doing good now...


Sam is figuring things out and Mommy has realized that I am not a terrible mother...accidents happen. Sweet Sam, staples and a broken arm...all in one summer!


We have had lots of friends and family making sure that we are doing well and praying for us. I don't know where we would be without them! Thank you!!

Sam goes to the doctor tomorrow to see if he has to have surgery, so we will update tomorrow.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

You are one of the top five moms I have ever met! Definitely not a bad mom! Sam and Micah are so incredibly blessed! Love you!

Zac and Mandy said...

That is crazy looking! What a trooper...I can't believe he looks as calm as he does in the picture.

Jenny Wims Sullivan said...

Ok, those I COULD NOT look at those pictures....TRICIA...my gracious! I can't believe that you BOTH were so calm during that....wow. Looks SO painful...cannot even imagine.