Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Zoo Boo

Saturday Wes and I took the boys to the zoo. The Houston Zoo has what they call Zoo Boo on the two weekends before Halloween. Micah was not feeling too great, but we still had fun. And of course they had to wear their matching shirts! Wes loves it when they match! Yeah right! 
They had tons of pumpkins for kids. Here are the boys with their pumpkins.
Micah picked the perfect pumpkin. 
Sam's was a little small but I did good and just let him pick the one he wanted. 
Here is Sam painting his pumpkin.
Micah needed a little help. 
I could not get Micah to look at me. But here he is with his pumpkin.
And Sam with his painted pumpkin.
Micah and his Daddy. 
Micah making his Lion mask. 
Of course we can't get Micah to sit still for 2 seconds. So here is an attempt
to take a picture with my boys. 
Sam with the Halloween pumpkins. 
Micah not wanting to sit still again. 
We had a lot of fun. Stay tuned for pictures of our Halloween party this weekend. 
If you have some great Halloween dessert recipes, please share! 
Can't wait to see pictures of everyone's kiddos in their costumes, I love Halloween! 

7 comments:

J Katy Garner said...

ohh fun! I wish we had a zoo boo thing going on... You match them as much as possible until they revolt! That is my plan too with the girls hehehehe

Corrie said...

Well it's not exactly a Halloween dessert -- more like a fall dessert -- but it's sooo good. It's a sweet potato cake with brown sugar frosting. I know, I know -- it sounds questionable at best. But even people who think they don't like sweet potatoes go nuts for this cake. Just tell them it's a spice cake.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spiced-Sweet-Potato-Cake-with-Brown-Sugar-Icing-104322

Or if you want something jokey, I have a recipe for a cake that looks just like a tray of kitty litter. You warm up tootsie rolls and mush them to look like little cat turds. So disgusting but so funny.

Rachel said...

Too Cute!!!

And, yes, we will be there this weekend.

I think, now, instead of a birthday plate, I'd like to do a Christmas Cookie plate (for Santa, ya know!).

SheridanLeftwich said...

Glad to see you back online. I've been missing your sweet posts. I wish we had a zoo!!! I'll have to settle for the aquarium. I love to match however it is tricky with sizes and sexes so we generally coordinate instead. I tell Josh to get over it.

The Houston's said...

So fun! I love this time of year. And I completely understand about not having kids sit still long enough to get a picture...much less both at the same time!! They are precious!

Angie Campbell said...

Hey there! I am sure the zoo was soo nice! The weather has been incredible, huh? These are really cute pictures!

Macy said...

I am impressed you could take a picture that close to the water. Meg would have been in the pond. Cute shirts. You reminded me that I want to take Meg to "Boo at the Zoo" here in Fort Worth.