Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Super Mom



I feel like I could take on the whole world today. I went to the Wal-Mart with both boys and actually bought a cart full of groceries. And I did it all by myself!!! This is a huge deal! I put Micah in the front backpack thing we have and then Sam in the cart. It was great! Micah slept most of the time and I got Sam some McDonald's to eat while I shopped. That is the trick. They did awesome. If I don't wear Micah then his carseat takes up the whole basket and you have no where to put groceries. It was almost ugly when we were only there about 5 minutes and I realized that I forgot Micah's pacifier in the car. But not to worry...you just buy more. So we headed to the baby section and opened a package. But don't worry, I put it in my mouth before I put it in Micah's. Shauna, I have no idea how you shop with three. Well, I guess they can walk at a certain age...silly me!


After we mastered the grocery shopping thing, next was cooking a real meal. Poor Wes, for the last 2 months (probably longer) we have been eating something that was frozen before we ate it or it came from a box. So tonight I thought I would actually cook and while I was at it, why not cook for two other friends who just had babies. So, I fixed 3 huge pans of King Ranch Chicken. I added some yummy greenbean bundles and a fruit pizza for dessert. I think Wes was happy!


So today I was a mommy and a wife. Usually I am just a mommy...but I am starting to feel sorry for Wes. He is an amazing husband. He helps me so much with the kids and never complains about the house or how I look. So today I decided to take a shower before he came home and have this great meal. I need a few tips from those of you who have mastered doing this on a regular basis because I am exhausted now! My Abilene Mom, that means you!


Here are a few more pictures of my boys.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

I dont shop with 3...ever!!!!! I think I have done that twice and learned my lesson both times. If I tried it again I would probably end up in the liquor aisle immediately...cracking that open like you did the paci's! :)

Great job on the dinner - I also havent done that but about twice.

gigi said...

Way to go!! I knew you could pull the shopping off. Dinner sounded super too.
Sam, I like your big boy bed. You sure are a great big brother!!!!!

suetmom said...

ay to go girl! You can do it! I had one HUGE advantage over you and Shauna (comment to Shauna...please take note). This advantage was that my girls were almost 6 YEARS apart....that makes life so much easier! Two only children. I promise, not one child will remember if you cooked dinner every night, or if your house is clean, but they will remember how much fun you had and how you loved them! Take some pictures cooking so you can prove to the kids, when they are older, that you cooked...that can stop any vicious rumors and you only have to do it once! The proof is in the pictures!
st

suetmom said...

That is "Way"
st

J Katy Garner said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours : ) Your boys are so cute!! It will be fun to keep up with you!
love kate