Monday, August 22, 2011

1st day Report

So...I could hardly wait to pick up Sam from school! I was so excited to hear all about his day, his new friends, his new teacher, and just hug on him. We decided to drive to pick him up and just park close, so that we could surprise him with a trip to get ice cream. That was a huge mistake! I had told him that we would walk to pick him up and that we would bring Toby with us. Well, I didn't have Toby when we went to pick him up and he starts crying as soon as he sees me. I felt like the worst mom in the whole world at this point. Then Sam starts telling me that he had a terrible first day of school. What?!? I never expected that to be his response! He had a page that he was suppose to color at school, which said " I had a great first day of school"...Sam had marked through the word 'great', because his day was NOT great! I had no words! What happened??? Apparently Mrs. Howard had to correct the class several times during the day and when she did, she would say " boys and girls". Well, Sam thought he was getting in trouble every time she said "boys and girls". So I tried to explain to him that she can't name everyone in the class and that is how she is going to talk to the whole class and you are not in trouble. "No Mom...she needs to say 'except Sam' if she isn't talking to me". Oh brother!! So again, I tried to explain to him that unless he is doing something wrong, she isn't talk to him. Well, it took me emailing his teacher and her talking to him about it for him to finally understand.
He is very literal and now only listens to what Mrs. Howard says... I have realized that Mrs. Howard has already found a special place with Sam!

Celebrating the first day of school with ice cream


Hoping Sam has a better second day of school!

No comments: