Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rough Time


Things are not so good here at the Fikes house. The week started off like every other week. We had our small group at our house on Sunday night (we have an awesome group) and planned to start Monday just like we do every week. We have been cold free for about a month, which is really good for us in the winter months, anyway...that stupid cold stuff came knocking! Sam and Micah both woke up with yucky noses and a little cough. Well, Micah soon got a fever, which meant no school for Micah. By Tuesday he had a high fever and was starting to have diarrhea. So to the doctor we went. He had an ear infection, which explains the fever. I was somewhat glad to know what was causing the fever. Sam had a cough by this point but he was still able to go to school, no biggie. WELL...yesterday started with Micah's diaper leaking and getting his bed soaked, followed by several diarrhea leaking diapers! Fun! It was pretty out yesterday so the boys spent a good bit of time outside yesterday. Bad Idea! About 4pm yesterday Sam's asthma attack started. And it didn't stop! After calls to his doctor and our family friend that is a doctor, I was giving him breathing treatments every 3-4 hours, cough medicine, steriods...basically everything you can think of to get his cough to stop. It would settle for a while but I was never able to get it under control. Sam went to bed at 9:30pm last night. Woke up at 2am for a breathing treatment and didn't go back to sleep until 5:30am. Micah then woke up at 6am for the day. So...Mommy had a bad bad night. Did I mention that Wes has been working overnights all week? So when he gets home at 5 or 6am he goes to bed until 1pm and then leaves again around 4:30. I was dealing with all the fun alone. We were at the doctor first thing, I love our doctor...she came in early today for us. So Sam just has a continuous cough. She couldn't hear anything in his lungs. I was so excited...I just knew she was going to say that we needed to admit him. So she gave him a big shot of steriods so that the coughing would stop. It took two nurses and me to hold him down, but he got it. I am not excited about his 4 year wellness visit because he has to get 4 shots! Anyway, I am hoping that we are on our way to recovery. Today is going to rough, but when Wes wakes up...it is my turn to go to bed! Tomorrow is my birthday...let's hope it will be better than today!


3 comments:

Laurie said...

Praying for you! Tomorrow will be awesome!

Katie said...

I love you!!! I know it is rough right now but you can do it!! Hang in there friend and know we are praying for you!

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday, Tricia! I hope the weekend improves. We'll be praying for the boys...and you! Hang in there.