Saturday, June 30, 2012

Preparing for the trip

 Every morning the boys ran to the kitchen to tear off a ring and open a present.
 The first morning they got their own clipboards for the car ride. 



I got the clipboards at Walmart for $2 dollars and then put their names on them. 
 Inside had lots of fun things to keep them happy. I found all the Mickey stuff at Easter time. 
They were fillers for easter baskets.

We needed disney shirts for everyday we were there, of course! 
So the boys got these shirts one day. 
Anytime I saw shirts on sale at the disney store or at Target, I got them. 

All the things Wes got were for our camping part of the trip. 
He was really excited! He got a bug net for his hammock, maps of
the Grand Canyon and Sequoia, lanterns, flashlights. Just a few fun things 
to make him excited about our trip.


 Some of the other things the boys opened was glow in the dark stuff
for the fireworks and the nights we stayed in the park late. 
(all from the dollar store)


 More shirts. I got these back in January at Target.

Love Sam's hair in this next picture. 
 


They opened these water bottles that I found at Target and I just put their names on them. 
They were perfect for the car.




This next one I saw on pinterest. They are bead containers, but we filled them with snacks 
for the car. So they had their own snack trays. 


They loved getting to open something for the trip everyday. 
Like I said I have been planning this trip for a long time and saved a lot of money
by buying things ahead of time. Mickey stuff is everywhere if you look for it. 
While the boys were enjoying opening things and getting excited...I was a little stressed out trying to pack us for 3 weeks. We needed clothes for cool weather, hot weather, and camping stuff. 
It was a lot!!! But some how I did it!

No comments: