Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Birthday BeBop!!!

My wonderful momma turned 60 last week. She is such a great mom,
I really wanted to do something special for her this year.

Her first surprise was that Audrey flew in from London to be there on her birthday.
We picked up Aud from the airport the day before Mom's birthday.
Then we waited until the morning of her birthday to surprise Mom.
She was shocked and so excited!!!

I made these shirts for the boys to wear when we went over to Mom's house to
surprise her with Audrey and take her to breakfast.

So easy to make...and super cute!

Mom's sister, Susan, was there the whole week to be with Mom for her birthday.
We all went to eat at The Taste of Texas for dinner...yummy!!!

Sam loves his Aunt Audrey so much...she is his girlfriend right now!

We all wanted pictures with the birthday girl...




Aunt Audrey and Micah James

Here is the book that I made for Mom.
I wanted to get 60 of her friends and family to write her a note telling how much they loved her and different memories that they have with Mom. I ended up getting 72 notes for her book.
Thank you so much to everyone who helped me with this book by writing notes.
It turned out great!!!



Here are all the decorations that I put up in my house for her family party

I was feeling creative this week...her is the banner that I made.
It was pretty simple to make and it turned out so cute!


Here is her book all ready to give her



Mom, Audrey, and Aunt Susan looking through a picture album that I put together full of pictures of Mom through the years...starting when she was a little girl.


Mom wanted pie instead of cake...

FROZEN CAPPUCCINO PUNCH

1/2 C sugar
1/4 C instant coffee granules
1 C boiling water
8 C milk
1 qt vanilla ice cream, softened
1 qt chocolate ice cream, softened

in a small bowl, combine the sugar and coffee.
stir in boiling water until dissolved.
cover and refrigerate until chilled.
just before serving, pour coffee mixture into a 1 gallon punch bowl.
stir in milk.
add scoops of ice cream.
stir until melted.

Everyone looking at pictures of Mom

Happy Birthday Mom!

Mom looking at her book with all the notes...

She LOVED it!!! She was so excited to see all different people in the book.

The boys put their shirts back on to get a picture with BeBop

And the boys did a puppet show for all of us to end the night

Happy Happy Birthday Mom!
I hope that you had a great day!
I love you so much and I am so blessed that you are my mom!

2 comments:

Little Town Big Life said...

The pictures are great--so fun to see all of you enjoying the day. And what work you went to--Tricia, your mom is so blessed; her kids are great. Kudos to you!

Anitalouise said...

Tricia, enjoyed your blog! So glad your mom's b'day surprise went so well. I was glad to see pics of Edna, Susan & Audry. Have a super summer! Anita L.