Monday, October 19, 2009

My Sam

It finally happened...Sam wants to marry me! I have been waiting for him to want to marry me. You always hear about little boys wanting to marry their mommies. I couldn't wait for the day that it happened. He climbed into my bed one morning, put his arms around my neck and said, "Mommy, I want to marry you and Marin!" I guess I will be okay sharing him with the sweet little girl that lives two doors down. He went on to explain that I can hold one hand and Marin can hold the other. Sweet boy!
Oh, I can't believe I almost forgot to tell this story too. So, Sam has never talked about smelling anything. In fact, I talked to one of my friends about it this last weekend, that I was starting to wonder when he would notice smells. Well, he has noticed! This last week it happened. He was in the playroom with Micah and started yelling to me that Micah had a stinky diaper and it needed to be changed. Okay, funny story...
This morning at 6am, Sam climbed into bed with us. He was sweetly laying next to me, when all of a sudden he started saying, "Mommy, the smoke coming out of your mouth stinks!" What?
"Mommy, that smoke is getting close to my mouth and it stinks!" It was hilarious! Smoke...isn't that great? Later he kept telling Wes that his skin smelled like poop. We might have a problem on our hands now that he can smell!



1 comment:

Katie said...

Love it! I hope Emma wants to marry Charles one day! So cute! Oh, and after living with you for several years I can say first hand your breath smells of roses each morning! :) Love you!