Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A Day to Remember

Four years ago today was a pretty special day for Wes and I. I had been feeling pretty bad and a little worried that I might be pregnant. We had just bought season passes to Six Flags (back when Houston had a Six Flags) and were planning on going the next day. I decided that I should probably take a test before I got on the roller coasters and to my surprise...I was pregnant.

So, I hollered at Wes and when he came into the bathroom...he stopped and smiled and said "April Fools". I tried to convince him that this was not an April Fools and we really were going to have a baby. 4 tests later and a call to one of my girlfriends finally convinced Wes I did not do something to the test to make it say 'Pregnant'. I quickly started freaking out, trying to figure out when we would tell our parents and trying to deal with the fact that we were having a BABY!!!

What a wonderful surprise that Sam turned out to be! I could not image our lives without him. He is a 'Mini Me' of Wes and I would not change that for anything. He is such a blessing and I love him more than words can express. So our adventure of being parents all started on Aprils Fools.

Here are some pictures of our Sam


10 months pregnant (Sam was 10 days late)




The proud Daddy







1st birthday


Valentine's Day








2nd Birthday


3rd Birthday


We love you, Sam!
We are so happy that you were not an
Aprils Fools.




Photobucket

4 comments:

Angie Campbell said...

Very cool! Our lives are so blessed by children. I remember the tears of joy when the test finally turned pregnant with each of my three. What a miracle!

Amy B. said...

Too Cute! Love him.

SheridanLeftwich said...

That is such a fun story! Seeing how I just played that joke on everyone yesterday. I loved all the pictures!

da momma said...

what a beautiful boy!!