Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!!

We have always loved Dr. Seuss at our house and the boys were very excited to celebrate his birthday! I was so excited to just spend the whole days celebrating Dr. Seuss with my boys!




The morning started with Daddy reading Green Eggs and Ham to the boys while I made...


Green Eggs, of course!
Sam-I-am, do you like Green Eggs and bacon?
I do not like Green Eggs and bacon. I do not like them, Sam-I-am.
I do not like them here or there, I do not like them anywhere!


You do not like them.
So you say.
Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may, I say.


Say! I like green eggs and bacon!
I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!
I will eat them here and there, I will eat them anywhere!

I think Micah loves his toast and jelly too!


I do so like green eggs and bacon!
Thank you! Thank you!
Sam-I-am!

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish lunch.
I had fun trying to think of ways to make the whole day fun.
And of course...lunch needed to be fun too!


As I read the book to the boys, this is what they ate:
one fish: one pb&j shaped fish
two fish: two pb&j shaped fish
red : strawberries
fish: goldfish
blue: blueberries
fish: goldfish

Then we went over to a friends house to continue our Dr. Seuss day.
All the kiddos watching a Dr. Seuss movie together.

While I read Cat in the Hat, the kids made hat cookies from the Cat in the Hat.


And the day would not be complete without making our own hats like the Cat in the Hat.

Addy

Colter

McKenzie

and Sam

While I was reading the last few books to the boys before bed, they both fell asleep on my shoulder. I think they had a great Dr. Seuss day!

No comments: