Sunday, November 08, 2009

New Orleans BBQ Shrimp

Last night we had New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp...it was so yummy!
It is really easy to make and really messy to eat!
Thanks so much for sharing Mom...we loved it!

Thought I would share the recipe...

BBQ Shrimp

4 lbs. of unpeeled large fresh shrimp
2 lemons, cut into wedges
2 bay leaves
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
4 garlic cloves, chopped
3 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried thyme
French Bread

Place shrimp in 9 x 13 pan, top with lemon wedges and bay leaves.
Stir together butter and next 6 ingredients. Pour over shrimp.
Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
Stir every 10 minutes!
Discard bay leaves. Serve with bread and lemon wedges.


I bought my shrimp frozen in a 5 lb. bag from HEB (on sale)
I melted the butter in a sauce pan and the other ingredients to my sauce
to make sure that it was completely mixed.
Use the french bread to soak up the BBQ on your plate.
It is messy because you have to peel the shrimp covered in BBQ sauce...
but so worth it!
Enjoy!




Just a cute picture of the boys!


3 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it!Could you peel the shrimp first?

Amber Norris said...

That looks really fabulous. I have some shrimp in my freezer that have been waiting for this recipe!!!

Katie said...

ok, I know you say I can't peel the shrimp first but what will happen if I do? I really hate eating with my hands!:)