Friday, September 04, 2009

Prayer Request

We are going to Kerrville this weekend to say bye to Chris(Wes' brother), Tonya, Corban, Esan, and Teagan. They leave on September 10th from Dallas to fly to Thailand, where they will be for the next 5 years as missionaries. I have such amazing respect for them that they are doing this. I can't even imagine it! I am very excited for them! But leaving is always hard and especially now because they are not sure when they will be able to come back to visit. It could be as long as 2 years before we see them again. So I just ask for prayers for the whole family. I am not sure the boys are going to understand what is happening, I know Esan is having a hard time with understanding. He asks Tonya all the time if Sam is going to be in Thailand too. But please pray espcially for Tonya, I think this is hardest on her. We are so thankful that there are different ways we can talk to them, like Skype, that will be make it easier on us. I just ask that you pray for a wonderful weekend together with not too many tears. I will post pictures when we get home.
Thanks so much!

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

You are so sweet to say this about them.... I just adore Tonya as you know... and selfishly excited that they are about to be so close to me... I can't wait to see them... but know that they will be missed... I will pray that you guys have the best weekend ever... full of the traditional Fikes laughter... and not to many tears...