Monday, July 05, 2010

Summer Time Fun Part 1

It is the day after the 4th and Daddy is off today. I knew the zoo and other places
would be crowded today, so I found some other fun things to do
around the house from some fun blogs.

First... Marshmallow Launchers

So easy to make... you probably have everything at your house.

Here are the supplies you will need:
1. a clear disposable plastic cup- (this type of cup seems to work the best, it's not too tall or flimsy)
2. Two (at least) rubberbands that are the same size
3. A hole puncher
4. Jumbo marshmallows
5. A chair

Punch a hole through one side of your cup near the top lip
Then punch another hole directly across on the other side of the cup.

Now, take one of your rubberbands and slide it through on of the holes.
Then loop it through itself and pull it tight so it is snugly attached to the cup.
Do the same thing with the other rubberband through the other hole and viola! You have here a launcher that is ready to be attached to it's launching device...
a chair... we tried these chairs first, but they weren't heavy enough.

So we used heavier chairs from outside. They were perfect! The boys had a blast!

Shooting the marshmallows and eating them!


Daddy had fun too!


When it was my turn, Wes was standing right in front of me and I hit him right in the face with 2 marshmallows! I really wish I had it on video...it was hilarious!!!
We spent a good 45 minutes or more playing outside. And I sure we will spend some time outside later too!


No comments: