Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life at the Fikes House

Life is finally getting somewhat back to normal around here. My house is clean, laundry done, and dishes are put away. I have paid the bills for this month and my children are happy watching McQueen for the 100th time. So I thought I would update you on our lives right now. 
Wes is in a transition period, I guess. He is done at Impact and waiting until he can apply to be a Texas Game Warden. He is really excited about it. Please pray that he gets it! It has become a dream job for him. If he gets the job, he will go the academy in October or November. So...he doesn't have a job between now and then. He has been working for my dad at their house in Roundtop. They bought a old house and are fixing it up. So when he does that he usually stays the night. He was gone 3 nights last week and this week he left yesterday morning and might come back tomorrow night or Thursday. I can't complain because he is making money, but we miss him around here. His other job is going to be a substituting in Tomball ISD. You actually get paid pretty good. Down side...they call you at 5:45 AM to see if you want a job for that day! WHAT! Today was the first day that they called and of course, it woke both the boys up. We have been up since 5:45 AM! AWESOME! When is nap time?
Anyway, if you would pray for us during this time. I know that we are going to be okay, it is just going to be a little challenging at times. But I pray that our faith grows as we learn to trust in God like we have never before! 
God is already answering our prayers...Clay Memories is doing awesome! We had a party last weekend in Dallas. Thanks girls so much for coming!!! And we have 4 more parties booked for February. I think we are booked until Mother's Day!!! We are going to be so busy with those parties. We need this extra money and God is providing already! 
The boys are good. They are pretty much best friends now and it is so much fun to watch! In fact they are wrestling on the floor right now! 
Just wanted to take a sec and update you on the Fikes. Please continue to pray for us right now! Thanks!!! 
Photobucket

5 comments:

J Katy Garner said...

Wow that is so exciting! I will keep you guys in our prayers during this time. I think James looked into that profession during college at one time before Culligan. He will be excited for you guys : )

Katie said...

I will be praying for you guys! I know better than anyone how hard it can be to have a husband who works crazy hours and is gone a lot... just know it will get better and this is such a short period in your long life. Love you!

SheridanLeftwich said...

Josh is gone a lot for work and it totally stinks. I will definitely say a prayer for you guys. As a mommy it is hard to have uncertainty and change. It is in our nature to provide stable places for our children to grow. Like you said God is so good and he does always provide.

Randi Freeby said...

You guys are on my list. That is exciting but I agree it is not any fun to be a single parent on any level. I have so much respect for anyone who has kids on their own for any length of time. Hang in there. I love you and miss you.

The Houston's said...

I am glad ya'll are doing good! That seems like it would be an awesome job!! I'm not a big fan of Philip going out of town for many days-it makes for long days!! Hang in there!