Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mini Trip

I have the most wonderful husband! My mom's sister, Aunt Susan flew in town on Friday and we decided to have a little mini girl's trip. I really needed a little girl time. When Audrey got off work she came over and mom picked up Aunt Susan and came to over too. We were headed to mom's house in the country to spend the night. Wait, I forgot the most important info. When we went to the beach with the cousins the boys got some kind of virus where you have a fever for several days, not just a low fever...Sam had a fever of 103.6 on Thursday night. Well, I hate fevers, it just makes me really nervous. So we had Sam in the bathtub Thursday night trying to bring down the fever. But Sam was oh so happy because Wes put the TV in the bathroom so he could watch Cars. Yes, the child is still obsessed with the movie. Anyway, that night I told Wes that maybe I should just stay home, and he insisted that I still go. Well, then Micah got the fever. And let me tell you that we love our Sweet Micah, but he can be a little stinker. I like to refer to him as our birth control right now. But he, like most kids, is much worse when he doesn't feel well. My great husband kept both of our boys while they both had fevers and were not feeling all so hot! Thank you so much honey!!!! Okay back to the girls mini trip. We went to eat and then to my mom and dad's country home as I call it. Mom and Dad have a house close to Roundtop that they are fixing up. Really cute. Anyway, we had plans to go to San Antonio to go shopping. A few years ago my mom got these sandals at May Fest in Tulsa, so we wanted to go by the place and see if we could all get some. Here is a picture of the sandals. Please ignore the fact that I really need a pedicure. 

Aren't they cute? They are awesome! They are so comfortable! The man who makes them has been doing it for 30 years and he is an ACU grad!! What a small world. Anyway, the guy and his son make these shoes at their home. Here is their website www.pipersandals.com  The top straps are one piece of leather so you can tighten them to fit your foot exactly. The soles mold to your feet like Burks do. They come in all colors. Mom got a red pair and Audrey got a dark brown pair. But they have green and navy...I really don't know all the colors. If you are looking for new sandals these are great! 
Then we ate at the Thai place called Thai Taste. If you like Thai food you should try it because it was really good and Tonya, my sister in law who lived in Thailand, said it is good too. 
Then we just shopped for a little while and headed back. But it was a great trip! We laughed so much and it was nice to not have to worry about someone else. You know? Thanks Mom for a great mini vacation!!! 



1 comment:

annalee said...

where near roundtop is the house?! we love to go to evan's grandparents' house in warrenton which is only 4 miles from roundtop.